A1-3 and A2-3
Conventional models manually operated testers.
art. numbers: 455.001 / 455.002
Easy to clean
Simple to operate
IGT Testing Systems has for many decades been supplying the well-known A1 and A2 printability testers for making numerous tests on different substrates and inks in quality control and research. This tester, although for a substantial part replaced by the electrical models AIC2-5, Global Standard Tester, C1 and Orange Proofer are still demanded and produced.
- Tests small quantities of ink and substrate under specified conditions.
- Saves costs because many tests can be done before going to press.
The test strips made with on the A1-3 or A2-3 printability tester are suitable for many purposes, contact IGT for detailed test descriptions (W-leaflets):
- measuring colour with colour measuring systems, spectrophotometers
- visual appraisal
- density measurements, including establishing tolerances
- determination of coverage, scratch resistance, wear resistance, flexibility, adhesion and gloss, ink transfer (in g/m2), light fastness and resistance to chemicals
- testing of printing quality, picking, roughness, Heliotest, printing penetration, set-off, striking through, loose and weakly bound paper articles
The A1-3 and A2-3 testers print on all sorts of materials like paper, board, plastic film, cellophane, laminate, metal, etc.
The testers are used in the following industries:
- printing ink, paper and board, printers
- metal, plastic and packaging industries
- resin, lacquer and coating industries
- raw material industry
- training and education
The IGT A1-3 and A2-3 sets come with an set of printing discs for pick testing and different other tests, paper packings, a sector with clamps and an adjustable packing stretcher. Accessories are available for IGT Print (oil) penetration test, IGT Roughness test and gravure as well as a range of printing discs.
Pendulum: 1.35 m/s
Spring Drive: 3.5 m/sPrinting force:
100 - 800 NNumber of printing disc shafts:
A1-3: one shaft
A2-3: two shaftsPrinting discs
- Printing width: 10, 20 and 32 mm
- Printing length : 200 mm
- Rubber, coated, for conventional inks
- Rubber blanket for conventional inks
- Rubber for UV-curing inks
- Rubber blanket for UV-curing inks
- Inking and printing separated
- Many accessories available
- Simple operation
- Low initial cost
- Processing of many substrates and inks possible
- Easy to move
- Detailed instructions for use