AE Four: Inking unit used to apply ink films of reproducible and constant layer thickness on the printing discs for the IGT printability testers.
The IGT AE Four is the modern successor of the renowned IGT AE inking unit.
The IGT AE Four is used to apply ink films of reproducible and constant layer thickness on to the printing discs for IGT printability testers. It is possible to distribute up to four different inks at the same time. These discs can be used on the IGT printability testers AIC2-5 and all versions of the IGT Global Standard Testers as well as the A1-3 and A2-3 types (with use of an adapter).
• The AE Four inking unit is used to ink printing discs for the following purposes:
• Use with the IGT printability tester AIC2-5
• Use with all types of IGT Global Standard Testers
• Inking with conventional offset inks
• Inking with UV-drying offset inks
• Inking with pick test oils
• Inking up to 4 colours or inks at the same time