Article number: 432.000.100
IGT F1: Proofer for flexo inks. Can also be used for gravure prints.
The IGT F1 is a universal flexo proofer for use with solvent based inks, UV inks and water inks on a range of substrates. The F1 is available with facilities for printing on corrugated board and for gravure printing.
- High reproducibility
- Simple to operate
- Consistent results
Worldwide the best flexo proofer for solvent based, UV curing and water based flexo inks.
Includes gravure mode!
NEW: Now pre-inking of the anilox roller for even better results!
Makes colour strips with flexo or gravure inks which can be used for many purposes.
Specially designed for computerized colour measuring and colour matching systems.
Saves costs because colour matching tests on the printing presses are no longer necessary.
The IGT F1 flexo proofer produces colour strips suitable for many purposes, such as:
- Measuring colour with colour measuring systems or spectrophotometers.
- Use in colour matching systems, visual appraisal, density measurements, including establishing colour and density tolerances and determination of coverage, wear resistance, scratch resistance, flexibility, adhesion and gloss, ink transfer, light fastness and resistance to chemicals
- Testing print quality.
The F1 proofer prints all sorts of coated and uncoated materials: paper, board, plastic film, cellophane, laminate, labels, textiles etc.
The F1 proofer is used in the following industries:
- printing ink, paper and board, printing
- plastics, packaging and labelling
- resins, lacquers and coatings
- raw materials
The principal properties of the F1 are:
- Simple to operate and easily movable; very reliable and of sturdy construction for intensive use over a long period; easy and quick to clean
- Extensive processing possibilities for various substrates and inks; substrate, ink, engraved roller (available in many sorts) and printing form simple and quick to change
- Makes a two anilox revolution print
- Can ink the photopolymer up to twenty times before making the print
- Excellent reproducibility, high degree of simulation of actual practice Electronic printing force and speed control
The F1 proofer consists of a combination of inking section with engraved anilox roller and doctor blade and a printing section with printing form (photopolymer) and an impression cylinder. The substrate is attached to a carrier and placed on the substrate guide, between the printing form and the impression cylinder. When the F1 is activated, the anilox disc and the substrate come into contact with the printing form and the doctor blade contacts the anilox.
With the aid of a pipette, a few drops of ink are applied to the nip between the doctor blade and the anilox. During the print the ink is wiped off and transferred from the anilox disc to the printing form and from the printing form to the substrate. Doctor blade, anilox disc and impression cylinder are then lifted automatically. In the multiple revolution mode the substrate is brought in contact with the printing form after the preset number of revolutions are made.
The substrate is removed for appraisal. The anilox disc, doctor blade and printing form are cleaned. In flexography the printing quality depends very much upon the printing speed, which is therefore adjustable from 0.2 to 1.5 m/s.
A two revolution print is made because this fills the engraved disc as well as possible with ink. The second part of the print is most suitable for evaluation. Between impression cylinder and printing form there is about 4 mm space, so that thick materials, like corrugated board, also can be printed.
The force between the anilox and the printing form and between the printing form and the substrate can be set independently between 10 and 500 N.
In case of the gravure mode the print is made on the substrate which is mounted directly on printing form cylinder.
You may also like…
Driven anilox roller, to ink the anilox roller independently. The F1 consist of a combined inking unit with doctor blade, anilox roller and a printing unit with printing form and impression cylinder. Especially developed to print strips with flexographic ink. Gravure mode for gravure ink.
- Electronic printing force and speed setting and control
- Flexo or gravure mode selection
- Printing speed: 0.2 – 1.5 m/s
- Printing force: 10 – 500 N
- Impression cylinder and engraved disc are automatically brought under pressure, printed and lifted
- Doctor blade is automatically placed against engraved disc and lifted
- Maximum substrate thickness: 4 mm
- Printing width on substrate: 40 mm
- Printing length on substrate: 200 mm (2nd print)
- Engraved disc is inked twice
- Anilox can be inked in up to 9 revolutions
- Photopolymer cylinder can be inked up to 20 revolutions
Several versions are available for the application of different quantities of ink. Special engraved discs can be made on specification.
A full range of gravure printing forms is available.
Flexo: copper, chromium plated or ceramic, laser engraved including banded versions
Gravure: copper, chromium plated different standard layouts including Heliotest, or on customer specification
Screen ruling: 40 – 140 l/cm (100 – 360 l/inch)
Volumes: 4 – 28 ml/m²
- Doctor blade angle: 60°, dragging
- Doctor blade pressure: 6 – 7 N
Printing form and printing cylinder
The F1 tester has several printing forms: solid and screened, in rubber and photopolymer. Customers’ printing forms also can be used. The printing form is attached to the printing form cylinder with cliché (foam) tape.
The substrate carrier consists of a strip of plastic, covered with foam and hard polyester.
- Complies with CE directives
- Modern styling
- Low initial cost
- Suitable for many substrates and inks
- Easily movable
- Detailed instructions for use
Weight: 35 kg
Size: 30 cm x 65 cm x 40 cm
Electrical rating: 115/230 V – 50/60 Hz
|30 × 65 × 40 cm
colour measurement, colour-matching, density measurements and measurement of properties such as wear resistance, scratch resistance, fastnesses, mottle etc., Print substrate with flexo or gravure inks, Visual appraisal
|Conformance with standards
|Sector type and options
|Data export options
|Inks or liquids
‘- Yearly., For average use a service check once a year is recommended., Information can be obtained from your supplier or the local agent., The annual maintenance and calibration of the tester can be carried out by IGT Testing Systems or companies authorized by IGT Testing Systems.
|Power Supply Requirements
|Print length and width (mm)
|Speed range and modes